GARLIC HERB BUTTER ROAST CHICKEN
This Garlic Herb Butter Roast Chicken is juicy and packed with unbelievable flavors! When roasted with rosemary, parsley, lemon, garlic butter, and white wine it is truly a crowd-pleaser.
- 4-5 pound whole chicken
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 lemon, halved
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 head of garlic peeled and cut
- 3 fresh whole rosemary sprigs
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking tray with foil for easy clean up.
- Using paper towels, pat the chicken dry.
- Pour the olive oil, wine and the lemon juice over the chicken and inside the cavity.
- Rub the minced garlic over the chicken. Liberally season the inside and outside of the chicken with salt, pepper and parsley.
- Place the garlic cloves (1 head of garlic) into the cavity along with the rosemary sprigs and the squeezed lemon rind. Tie the chicken legs together with silicone ties.
- Place breast-side up into a roasting pan. Roast for 1 1/4 hours, basting half way through, until juices run clear when poked.
- Baste again, then broil for a 2-3 minutes, until golden.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and immediately cover it loosely with foil. Allow it to stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve.
Rolled Rib-Eye Roast
- 1 large head garlic
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup packed fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 boneless rib-eye roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Using the Cestari serrated knife, slice off top quarter of the garlic. Place garlic, cut-side up, on a piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil, tightly wrap the foil, and roast until tender, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand until cool.
- Gently squeeze garlic to push out cloves. Take the garlic and transfer to a blender. Add parsley, sage, vinegar, and remaining 2 T of oil. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange roast on a large bamboo cutting board, fat-side down. Using a long, sharp knife, make a shallow cut along length of roast, stopping about 1 inch from edge of the cutting board. Open roast to the side, and continue slicing until about 1 inch from next edge. Open to same side again, and continue slicing until roast is completely flat. Season roast with salt and pepper. Spread garlic-herb mixture (reserving 2 T) over meat. Roll meat up, starting from left side. Tie at 2-inch intervals with silicone ties. Rub outside with remaining garlic-herb mixture. Let roast stand 1 hour at room temperature. If preparing ahead, refrigerate meat overnight covered tightly in plastic. Bring it to room temperature before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place meat on a rack in a roasting pan. Roast until meat is golden brown for 40 minutes. Reduce heat to 300°F and continue roasting until thermometer inserted reads 125°F, about 50 to 60 minutes. Let rest for a minimum of 30 minutes before slicing.
- Serve. Use remaining garlic-herb mixture over the meat.
Copyright 2021, Larson MacDowell Enterprises LLC