Honey Mustard Chicken for One
- 1 boneless chicken breast
- 1 carrot
- 2 tablespoons water or white wine
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Honey Mustard Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Toasted almond slivers (optional)
- Peel the carrot and cut into sticks.
- Put the carrot sticks, water or wine, and a pinch of salt into the Easy Pod. Close and cook for 2 minutes in the microwave at 800 watts.
- While the vegetables are cooking, mix the olive oil, honey and mustard together until combined. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Butterfly the chicken breast.
- Once the carrots are finished, lay the chicken breast on top of the vegetables, and pour the sauce over all.
- Close the Pod and cook for another 3 minutes
- Let sit for 30 seconds before removing from the microwave.
- The Pod will be hot – use pot holders and take care when handling.
- Sprinkle the almonds on top and serve.
Microwave Baked Apples
- 2 apples - use a firm variety like Cortland or MacIntosh
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons butter
- In a bowl, mix the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Peel the top third of each apple. Remove each apple’s core, but keep the apple whole and the bottom intact. Place the cored apple in the Easy Pod.
- Spoon the sugar mixture into center of each apple, where the core had been.
- Place a teaspoon (or more to your taste) of butter on top of each apple.
- Close the Easy Pod and microwave for 2 1/2 to 4 minutes or until tender.
- Let the apples sit for a of couple minutes before serving.
How to Microwave Fish
General Instructions: Precook any desired vegetables for 1 minute in your Easy Pod. Rub selected seasoning over a fish filet, and place fish on top of vegetables. Close the Easy Pod and cook until fish is flaky. A 1-inch fish filet will take about 4-6 minutes to cook, depending on the strength of your microwave. Check after 2-3 minutes to avoid over-cooking, adding time as needed
How to Make Shrimp Scampi in the Microwave
Makes 1 serving
• 5 to 6 peeled shrimp
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 clove of garlic
• 2 tablespoons of white wine, or water
• Salt and crushed red pepper to taste
• Minced parsely for garnish
1. Place the shrimp in the Easy Pod and coat with the olive oil and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
2. Press the garlic over the shrimp. Toss to coat the shrimp well.
3. Push the shrimp aside, and add the wine, or water, to the Easy Pod. 4. Cook in the microwave for 2 minutes and 30 seconds at 800 watts. 5. Let sit for 30 seconds before removing from the microwave and garnishing with parsley.
6. The Pod will be hot – use pot holders and take care when handling.
Whole Wheat Bread
Serves: Makes 1 serving
Copyright 2020, Larson MacDowell Enterprises LLC